All the schools are in the same shape. 85% of what will be spent at each one is something that cannot be left out. All the buildings are sound. All need heating, a/c and plumbing. All 6. Sorry.
I would just about have to agree with rock, maybe it was taken out of context, or maybe they meant for it to be moved to another location at the school.
All the schools are in the same shape. 85% of what will be spent at each one is something that cannot be left out. All the buildings are sound. All need heating, a/c and plumbing. All 6. Sorry.
The parent that made this statement was not a tobacco chewing redneck that knew more about the fieldhouse than the library. I don't blame anyone for thinking up that stereotype when they read that statement but in this case they are wrong. I think the parent spoke before they realized what they were saying, I belive that they were just trying to make suggestions on how to best use the current space at Appalachia so that the school can stay open.
That does sound logical but at the current time, with a school board that campaigned almost exclusively on a no-consolidation issue, I would think that Appalachia is more safe than it has been in awhile. That being said, they can't just turn their head and pretend that some changes don't have to be made.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I am not sure the Appy folks are not correct. When you examine the drug problem we have locally. Is it wise to mix hundreds of kids together. Does it not create more problems.
Honestly i could care less. As i live in Norton. Yet i can see both sides of the consolidation issue.
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to meet this person - I already have them stereotyped in my head...
[/ QUOTE ]
cause everone knows your [censored] dont stink
most high school libraries aren't worth a sack of rotten possums n coons. old books and all that junk
just shove a brittanica cd on ever computer in da school and be done with it
Bookmarks